Thursday, July 21, 2011

34 WEEKS!

I cannot believe it is almost time for baby Witt to be here!  I am getting a little nervous and nesting has definitely kicked in!  The nursery is almost complete.... we are just waiting on the changing table to be delivered and some artwork for the walls.  Witt has a closet FULL of clothes!  He has all of Jack's newborn stuff, plus all the sweet blue things that this Mama has not been able to resist buying :)  Since we didn't know if Jack was a boy or girl, he wore mostly yellow and green his first couple of months of life.  They are precious little gowns and sleepers, but Witt has enough new blue things in his closet that he might not ever have to wear those yellow and green hand-me-downs :)  I had my 34 week doctor visit today (I will be 34 weeks tomorrow) and everything looks just perfect. My weight, blood pressure, and Witt's heart rate were all great.  We go back in 2 weeks for our first "check" and will be "checked "every week after that until he arrives...time has FLOWN by this time around!  Witt is measuring a good bit bigger than his big brother.  At 30 weeks he measured almost 2 weeks ahead and was considered to be in the 60-65th percentile.  Jack always measured a full week behind and his birth weight and height were in the 15th percentile.  With that being said, my doctor has decided that as long as my body is ready to deliver a baby (if I have progressed enough) he will probably induce me at 39 weeks if Witt isn't here yet.  Therefore, I am predicting that Witt will be here the last week in August!

I have been trying to think of ways to prepare Jack for this major change in his life, and I just don't think there is a way to prepare a 16 month old.  We are just going to try our best to keep him on his schedule and hopefully he will easily accept his new baby brother and the fact that he will be sharing the spotlight :)

1 comment:

Marsha Goodwin said...

What a wonderful August our family will have with two new babies..I know Jack will love Witt and be such a good big brother and helper for you..That's one thing I tried to do with Betsy--involve her in mine and Brock's time--diaper changes, bottles, talking to him, just everything..She really handled having to share my time with him well, but she did not like all the company in the house..She would hide all the time they were there, and I would have to go find her when company left..haha..She was glad when that all stopped..Can't wait to see Witt..Hope to see you all soon..LY