Witt Cravens, yesterday you turned 5 months old! Where is the time going?!? You are the sweetest and the happiest little baby. Here are some things going on with you right now.
You are a BIG boy! As of 2 weeks ago, you weighed 17 pounds, 10 ounces. All that weight is packed into a little 24 1/2 inches long body :-) I don't think you look as big as you are, but you definitely feel that heavy! You nurse 2-3 times a day and take 3 6-ounce bottles of formula each day. Just last week you got your first taste of real food. After reading a lot about what little ones need from their food, we bypassed rice cereal and started with a mashed avocado (which you were not a fan!). A few days later you tried a mashed banana and loved it! The past few nights I have mixed avocado and banana. I am planning on cooking butternut squash for you tonight, then will try oatmeal later this week. You already LOVE real food! You get so excited when you see the spoon :-)
You are wearing mostly 9 month clothes and a size 3 diaper.
You are a good sleeper and go down at 7:30 pm (I get you up for a dream feed at 9:30 or 10) and you sleep until 7:00 am. I often have to go into your room a couple of times each night to give you your paci. You take a 2 hour morning nap, a 2 hour afternoon nap, and often a quick late afternoon catnap in the stroller or swing.
You have been rolling from your tummy to back for a while now, but just yesterday, after 30 minutes of trying, you rolled from your back to stomach. You were so proud of yourself and have done in over and over and over again since then :-). You also are trying so hard to sit up. You are a strong little guy and will stay upright for about 10 minutes as long as your boppy pillow is behind you for a little support.
You are such a social little guy. You love to watch people, especially your big brother, and it takes little effort to get you in a fit of giggles! Speaking of your brother, I can already tell you are itching to play with him... And he is very sweet to you (most of the time) and is always wanting to give you "Bobby juice" aka Brother's bottle. And yes, you are still referred to as "Bobby" by Jack (and your mama and daddy).
You love bath time! Just this month, we started bathing you and Jack together and you just sit and kick and laugh at your brother the entire time.
You are happiest when you are being held and although that can be tough for me to do at times when I'm chasing after your brother, I love that you are such a cuddle bug :-). I still think you are going to be my laid back child (compared to your brother). You are such a joy and your daddy and I love you so very much!!!




1 comment:
Love the pictures and your blog...Precious boys...LY all...
Post a Comment