Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Red Sea and Good Earth

Allen and I teach a group of kindergartners and first graders on Wednesday night at our church. We leave every week laughing about a comment made or question asked...kids truly do say the darndest (sp?) things :) Well, tonight we were discussing Moses, the Israelites, and the Red Sea. I thought I had done a fantastic job explaining it in terms for small children to understand, when a precious little girl raises her hand, stands up, and precedes to explain that I told the story wrong and for 5 minutes retells the story of the Red Sea. I really thought Allen was going to fall over from trying to keep the laughter in. This little girl is homeschooled and as soon as we got in the car to go home, Allen informed me that I would be homeschooling our children :) I will definitely study up a little more for next weeks bible story!
Here is a picture of our lovely table set for supper last night...



After being married for 4 months, I finally got all of our Good Earth pottery up to Nashville on Sunday. It looks great on the table AND in the china cabinet. I tried a new recipe to go in the new Good Earth rice bowls... southwest chicken soup (stolen from another blog). It was GREAT!
Well, I guess I should leave you with a pic of Cuba :) This is how I found "my boys" when I got out of the bath last night...Allen watching "Rob and Big" and Cuba just "chillin" :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Terra, I LOVE how pretty the table setting looks! You do such a great job making things look nice! Was the recipe yummy?! I'll have to try it!

Anonymous said...

The table looks great!!!! Was that a recipe from the Darby Blog? I am really enjoying your blog. cc