Wednesday, April 29, 2009

RECIPE SWAP!!!

I'm in need of some new, yummy, simple, cheap and somewhat healthy recipes! I am somewhat stuck in a rut when in comes to dinner ideas...I think we have fajitas, tacos, and spaghetti at least once a week (I don't mind, I love all 3, but I think Allen in getting tired of my dinners). Anyway, I ventured out last night with a new recipe (a VERY simple recipe) and it turned out great so I thought I would share.
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry:
1 bag of frozen stir fry veggies
Chicken cut into cubes or small strips
Whole wheat spaghetti noodles
Teriyaki sauce (found in the ethnic food section of the grocery store)
pepper

Marinate your chicken in the sauce and put in a large skillet (in hot EVOO)
Cook chicken until no longer pink
Add frozen veggies to skillet and turn to med-low
Add a bit of Teriyaki Sauce and pepper
Cover and simmer, stirring every few minutes
Cook until veggies are cooked (about 8-10 minutes)
Boil noodles and drain.
Mix noodles and stir fry. Add sauce and pepper to taste...ENJOY!

Now for Dessert!!! Orange, Apple, Strawberry SMMOTHIES!

1 apple peeled and cut into cubes
Handful of strawberries cut into pieces
About 1-2 cups of orange sherbert
A little milk
A cup of ice
Mix well in a blender and enjoy and VERY yummy and healthy dessert, snack, or breakfast!
Now I have shared my very easy recipes with you so it's your turn to share some (easy and cheap) recipes with me.

No comments: