Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quick Update on Baby C

So sorry for the lack of posts lately! We are all fine and just working hard to have everything ready for little baby Cravens! The nursery is finished other than the lack of pictures on the wall ( I promise I will post pics soon). We are hoping that our new den furniture will arrive next week (yes, we have been back in the house without den furniture for a month now....poor Allen stands in front of the little tv in the bedroom every night to watch his "shows".

Wanted to give you all a quick update on the baby! I just got home from my 34 week appointment (am exactly 34 weeks today). The Dr went ahead a did the final ultrasound today to check baby's measurements and position and the great news is baby is still head down and VERY low, so will probably not be flipping before delivery! I asked if it meant that baby would come early because he/she is so low, but I never got a straight answer...just a "maybe" :) Heartbeat sounded great at 137 BPM. Baby's measurements of head, abdomen and femur measured exactly at 34 weeks...little baby has caught up with the growing. He/she weighs an estimated 5 pounds 2 ounces! Other fun news is that it appears little baby had a head of hair!!!! Baby should gain 1/2 pound every week until he/she arrives....I really don't think this baby has enough room to gain that much :) He/she looked so squooshed! Hands were up by the head and a foot was pushing up against me where I always feels the hardest kicks. He/she is trying to stretch out and just can't.

It is getting close to the end and even though I am SO excited and can't wait to meet this baby, I am trying to enjoy my time with Allen and my sleep! My goal is to continue having date night with Allen every week when the baby gets here...even if that means just going to home depot for 30 minutes without baby (our favorite place to go on date night :). I am hoping that Nana, CC, Pops, or BigDaddy will come up and babysit!

No comments: