Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Jack is TWO Years Old!


Where in the world has the time gone?!?!?!  Jack Cravens, you turned TWO years old a couple of weeks ago... on March 31st to be exact.  You are sweet and funny and rowdy and handsome.  Here are some things going on in your life as a new 2 year old...

  • You weigh 26 pounds, wear a size 4 diaper, and mostly size 24 months in clothes.  You are still a small little thing, but I have no doubt that you will catch up with your friends.  You have always been in the 15-25th percentile in weight and height, but as a 2 year old you are in the 35th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight!
  • You are a good eater most of the time.  Any and all kinds of fruit are probably your favorite foods.  Next on the list would be an "Onge Snownown" aka Orange Snowcone... You ask for one of these at least 5 times a day.  You also love "toddler junk" as I like to call it... Fruit snacks, hotdogs, cookies, m&ms, jellybeans.  I have learned to call all meat a hotdog to get you to eat it :)
  • Your favorite color was blue until about a month ago and now everything is either green or orange.  You can identify all the primary colors, but get a little mixed up when labeling them :)  We have been working hard on learning your ABC's.  You can imitate all the letters, but when I ask you to say them, most of the time it's "ABCIJ...done".  Ha! 
  • You LOVE helping!  You help unload the dishwasher, put wet clothes in the dryer, put the pillows on the bed, put Witt's empty bottle in the sink, and throw away any and all paper you find around the house.  You will make a great husband someday :)
  • You are a typical boy and your favorite play things are your sandbox, riding toys, tractors, anything outside, balls, and wrestling with your daddy.
  • You are still a bit attached to your mama and you get a little upset when I leave you at school and the church nursery.  You are always fine after a couple of minutes and you love playing with your friends!
  • The week after you turned 2, the terrible two's hit our house.  Your daddy and I are learning on how to deal with these tantrums that happen for no apparent reason, so please be patient with us as we learn to be patient with you!
  • It has taken you a while to fully acknowledge your little brother's existence, but you are figuring out that he watches you all day and thinks you're hilarious... and you love attention so its a win win situation :)  You are beginning to try and play with him and I LOVE seeing that!  And the fighting has already begun.  You snatch toys away from him, he cries.  He crawls over to you, grabs, then pulls your hair, you cry.  Lord, help me through the years!  :)
  • I was not planning on potty training you this early, but you are very interested in all things bathroom related, so we are "practicing" while at home and I am so impressed at how quickly you have caught on.  You still have no idea that a potty exists outside of our house.  I'm not quite ready for the walmart and chickfila bathroom trips with you!
  • You are still an all-star sleeper, but an early riser no matter how late I try to keep you up!  You go to bed at 7:30, wake at 6:30 and take a 2 hour (sometimes longer) nap every afternoon.  You still sleep with your "Bunny" lovey and it is the sweetest little sight to see you sound asleep with bunny up by your face.  You are doing great sleeping in your big boy bed!
  • You are a BUSY boy!  You have more energy than I could every dream of having!  You love to run, jump, ride your bike, and throw balls (and other objects that you aren't suppose to throw).  Lately though, you have really gotten into little trains, trucks, and tractors.  You quietly play with them (with little vroom and choo choo noises coming out of your mouth) for 30 minutes at a time and your Mama LOVES this quiet, calm playtime that takes place every morning while baby brother naps.
  • You are hilarious, adorable, mischievous, obedient (most of the time), lovable, kind, impatient, and smart. 
Jack, you have no idea how much you changed our lives 2 years ago when you arrived.  Your daddy and I love you more and more each and everyday and we are so proud of you!

No comments: