Witt Cravens, you turned 8 months old on April 15th! Your mama is only 10 days late getting this post out, but I did take your picture on your birthday, so all is good :) You are growing and learning to much right now! Here are a few facts about your life as an 8 months old:
- As you can probably tell in the picture above, you are the HAPPIEST little baby!!! Anything and everything is so very hilarious to you! Your laugh is contagious so all 4 of us do a lot of laughing around here :)
- You are a big boy weighing in right around 21 pounds. That's a lot of weight packed into your small frame :) I have noticed that with all the moving you have been learning to do, you are starting to slim down in the face, neck, arms, and tummy, BUT your legs are as big as ever and your mama LOVES those chubby little thighs!!! You wear a size 3 or 4 diaper (whatever is in the diaper cabinet that day), and mostly size 12 month clothes. I have no idea what your shoe size is because you have never worn shoes. This is the only time in your life you can go to church barefoot, so we are letting you embrace it :)
- You are a GREAT eater (is anyone surprised?)! You drink 4 bottles a day, plus eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and you have your sippy cup of water with a splash of juice throughout the day. Just this month you started eating some finger foods and you are doing great feeding yourself mashed up carrots, beans, and bananas. Your favorite food is yogurt!
- You have had very sensitive skin from the day you were born and we have to be careful with the types of soap, shampoo, and lotion we use on you. This month after a terrible rash all over your body, we discovered that you are allergic to strawberries. Hopefully you will grow out of this allergy, but we are steering clear until you are 2 years old or older. I am also being extra careful with other high allergy foods and watching you very closely for possible allergic reactions when you eat a new food.
- You have been army crawling very slowly for almost a month, but the week you turned 8 months you figured out how to crawl on all 4's and you were off! You are just now picking up speed, but in the past week I have caught you in the dark bathroom, under Jack's train table, behind the curtains in the dining room, and trying to open the cabinets in the kitchen. You LOVE to explore!!! Also with the crawling came pulling up! You mostly just pull up to your knees, but will sometimes find the strength the pull that big body of yours up to your feet. You have also learned how to get from the sitting position to all 4's and back to sitting. In other words, you are just a moving machine :)
- I still think you are going to be my verbal child. You love to coo, blow raspberries, squeal, and your newest - the fake cough :) You love music and will sing along and wave your arms. You just started patty caking all by yourself and you are SO proud of yourself.
- You are a good sleeper and you sleep from 7:30pm-6:30am, take about a 1 hour nap sometime in the morning, and a long afternoon nap from 1 until about 3:30.
- You LOVE LOVE LOVE your brother. You are always crawling after him and wanting to play with him (which aggravates him at times), you think he is the funniest person ever! You two share a room now and sometimes when I put you both down for a nap I will hear you giggling a few minutes into nap time. When I go in to investigate, most of the time you are sitting in your bed, peeking over the bumper pads watching Jack play peekaboo from under the covers in his bed :) You two are going to be such great friends!
- You are very attached to your mama and still will throw some little fits when I leave the room. It is slowly getting better as you are learning that you can now follow me wherever I go :)
- Your favorite part of the day (other than eating) is bath time and wrestle time with daddy before bed. It's your brothers favorite part of the day too! After you and Jack splash around in the bathtub until you are all wrinkled, we head to your bedroom or the playroom for some roughhousing with Daddy before bed. I need to video this time of our night because it is pretty hilarious watching the 3 of you roll around, climb on top of each other, all while growling. The best part of it is I'm not included but always invited to sit and watch (which I do) :)
2 comments:
Somehow I have missed your last 2-3 blogs..Caught up now and love the pictures of the boys and your posts about them..Thanks for sharing them with us...Hope to see you soon...Love you all
I love the post! Anne Elise just got over her "cough" after a month or so of trying that out. We would laugh at her and with an exaggerated tone say, "Are you ok?" She was loving the attention. I also love that she has a little fit when I leave the room. No one wants to hear their baby cry, but it's nice to know they love you so much, they don't want you to leave the room. They are both adorable Terra!
Post a Comment