Thursday, September 13, 2012

13 Months and 29 Months





These sweet, wild, funny, loud boys are at such fun ages right now! I feel like I say that at every age. They are just starting to really play together (well if pushing and taking toys away from each other is called playing) and I absolutely love watching them interact with each other. Witt imitates EVERYTHING Jack does! I really think he believes he is 2 1/2 years old like his brother. Since I have been slacking big time on the blog, here is a little bit about the boys for me to remember them at this age.
Age 13 months (almost), Witt weighs 25 pounds, wears 18 month clothes and a size 5 diaper, and wears a 4 1/2 wide shoe. He is my little butterbean who will eat anything I feed him! He drinks all his milk out of sippy cup and eats only table foods. Most mornings, he wakes up at 6:30, eats breakfast, then goes right back to bed at 7:30 for about an hour nap. He then takes a long nap from 1-3 and bedtime is at 7:30 every night. Witt is such a happy, lovable little boy! He loves to give kisses and lay his head on my shoulder for a little snuggle...I LOVE that! We are going through another round of separation anxiety, and as much as I love being loved, it is nice to know that this is a phase and it will pass. Witt loves chasing his brother, and by chasing I mean literally chasing. We play chase through the house all day long and it is amazing how fast those chunky little 13 month old legs can go! He babbles constantly, his favorite being dada (of course), but he will say boo (as in peek a boo), ball (his favorite object), and bye bye. His favorite sound though is his very high pitched squeal.... I might need to get some ear plugs to protect my hearing. He is Mr. Independent.... Wants to walk everywhere we go and rarely will even let me hold his hand. As sweet and somewhat laid back as he is, the little guy has a temper on him! He doesn't show it often, but if he gets mad enough, you better watch out. He LOVES to dance, loves all music, and loves for me to sing to him when I rock him at night.... If I don't sing, he will touch my mouth and starting humming....sweet boy! Oh how I love this little guy!
At 2 1/2 (almost), Jack weighs 26 pounds, wears 2T clothes, big boy undies (woohoo!), and a size 6 1/2 shoe. He is my little string bean who is becoming quite the picky eater. He loves all junk food (which we don't eat a lot of) and isn't too fond of healthy foods (which we try to eat a lot of), so I feel like I'm constantly trying to get him to eat. He loves milk, cheese, and fruit, so we are getting some good vitamins in that little body of his. Jack is an early riser (much like his daddy and brother) and wakes up around 6:30 every morning. He has always stayed in his bed until Allen or I go in to get him, but he has just started to get out, come in our room and announce "Jack need to tee tee in potty. It ok, sun is up." Haha. I guess I have said a few too many times that I will see him in the morning when the sun comes up :-). He still takes an afternoon nap from 1-3 (praise the Lord!) and goes to bed between 7:30 and 8 every night. Jack started his fall semester of mother's morning out last week and is absolutely loving it! I am so very thankful for his sweet teachers. His favorite things right now are playing in his sand box, riding his tractor, reading, and playing with cars and trucks. He tries to be sweet to his brother, but I know it has to be hard to always have to share your most favorite toys, so we are having to work on the yelling and pushing that often happens when Witt reaches for a toy :-). I am LOVING this verbal child that my once quiet son has become! He tells me the funniest things.... The other day while we were baking cookies, I caught him licking the outside of the oven door. I asked what he was doing and he replied "Mama, I tasting the cookies!". His new phrase of the week is "3 minutes". Everything he tells me is going to happen in "3 minutes". "Daddy is coming home in 3 minutes.... I go to CC's house in 3 minutes.... I watch Jack's shows (aka the Disney channel) in 3 minutes." Every night when Allen and I get in bed, we laugh over all of Jack's entertaining moments of the day. He is the sweetest, smartest, cutest little 2 year old in his Mama's eyes!
I just need time to slow down a little so I can get more time with my babies as babies!

2 comments:

Marsha Goodwin said...

Love reading your blog and appreciate your taking time to share the boys with us in your words and pictures...They are precious...LY all

Heather Wood said...

Love reading about that sweet little Jack. I know Witt will be just as adorable when he can start telling you what is in that little head of his. I can tell you guys are going to have lots of fun wild memories together. I can't believe how fast they are growing.