Friday, April 5, 2013

Once Upon a Time...

Once upon a time there was a mama who felt guilty for not recording the fun, hard, hilarious, tiring days of life with her 2 sweet (and wild) babies.



Life has become nonstop... in a good way, and blogging has taken a backseat. Since my last post, a few notable things have happened. I turned the big 3-0, Witt started talking in 2, sometimes 3, word phrases, Jack turned 3, we accepted an offer on our house, we found a rental to call home while we build a house, we spent our first weekend with the boys at Smith Lake, we started making a conscience effort to cut WAY down on the processed foods we eat at out house. So its been a busy 3 months :-)

Now to the good part... Here are some of the things I hear on normal days at home.

Jack: Knock Knock
Mama: Who's there?
Jack: Orange
Mama: Orange who?
Jack: Orange you glad I didn't say Banana! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!
(He thinks he is hilarious... and he is). :-)

Witt (who imitates everything!!!): Knock Knock
Mama: Who's there?
Witt: Nana.... hahahahahahahaha!!!!
(And he is equally as hilarious)



Last night I was in Jack's bed telling him bedtime stories. I told him a story of a little boy named Jack and his birthday party which included all his friends, the park, and donuts (this is actually happening this Saturday :). When I finished, he said it was his turn. The following was his story:
Once upon a time there was a little boy named Witt. He had a birthday party but none of his friends came. And a dragon came and ate the cake. But Jack the Knight got that dragon with his sword and the dragon never ever ever again come back to Witt's birthday party. The End



Little Witt never ceases to amaze me. He has such a different personality than Jack, but he wants to be just like his big brother! He is doing things so much earlier than Jack did, simply because he wants to do whatever Jack does. We aren't potty training yet, but I think maybe we should get started... Every time Jack goes to the potty, Witt is in there with him pretending to go and saying "TeeTee" over and over again. It makes this Mama a little sad that my baby acts more like a little boy than a baby!



I say this at every age and stage, but I LOVE the ages that the boys are right now. Jack turned 3 last Sunday, and in the past month his little imaginiation has taken off! He loves pretend play... We slay dragons, search for dinosaurs, build houses and roads, care for the sick (Witt is most often volunteered as the patient) all day long! My little boy who did not talk until he was 2 is now NEVER quiet! He has something is say about everything! Witt is 19 months old and to me this is one of the hardest and sweetest ages. He is learning to test boundaries and I feel like I tell him "no" 100 times a day. But as hard as it is, he is a little sponge soaking up everything! It is so fun to watch him figure things out! He is my happy and cuddly child. He is so busy all day long, but always takes a break from playing to give me a hug or just sit in my lap for a few minutes.... sweet little boy :)



Well, hope that is enough blogging for today to satisfy my guilty feeling... The boys have been "hammering" with their tools and I just realized they have been hammering crackers (like a whole box) at their tool table... gotta go!


- Terra

3 comments:

Jan said...

Love my sweet boys!

... said...

I remember when you, Meagan and I would play dr all the time!

Heather Wood said...

Too stinking cute!!!! They are growing so much, and I love to hear their cute stories.