Sunday, September 20, 2009
Cuba's new backyard...part 2
The last post I told you all about how wonderful our new backyard is and how much Allen and I (and Cuba) love it. Well, I take it all back. Yesterday afternoon, after a week of rain, I took Cuba out to play in our "great backyard". After playing for about 5 minutes, I walk over to little Cuba to nudge him away from a mud hole he found. That's when I decided not only do I not love our backyard anymore...I ABSOLUTELY HATE it! Inches from my foot and Cuba's little nose was a rather large SNAKE....Make that a water moccasin! I screamed and ran faster than I have ever run in my life. Thank goodness Cuba thought it was a game and playfully ran after me. Allen was inside and I think he thought somebody was after me. He went out to check out the situation telling me the whole time he was sure it was just a king snake. After "checking it out" for a several seconds, he changed his mind about the whole innocent king snake thing. He went to borrow the neighbors hoe and returned with not only the hoe, but also the neighbor who verified Allen's conclusion that it was indeed a water moccasin. Seconds later, the snake's head was chopped off and his body was thrown over the fence....YUCK! Therefore, until the rain stops and the grass can be cut as short as possible, Cuba and I will take his potty breaks out in the street!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally understand why you came to the conclusion of "I hate my backyard" & will not be returning until after the rain! I'm impressed that you knew what kind of snake it was! ha ha!
Post a Comment