Tuesday, December 8, 2009

UPDATE ON BABY CRAVENS


I figure it is about time to update you on the "stats" of Baby Cravens. Disclaimer: I will be using the pronouns "she" and "her" throughout this post. This is no way means that I now that "she" is a "she", but simply because everyone(other than me) thinks "she" is a "he" :)
"SHE" will be 24 weeks (fetus age) as of tomorrow. That means we only have about 16 weeks until we get to meet this sweet baby who kicks and dances all day long! "She" weighs about 1 1/4 pound right now and is about 1 foot long (the size of an ear of corn). As for me, I have felt GREAT this past month! No more food aversions for me, but instead I can eat just about ANYTHING you put in front of me! I am hungry ALL day long :) I think I am finally looking pregnant with this growing belly! I began feeling little flutters of movement at about 17 weeks and those flutters are now flips and flops, punches and kicks that make my entire stomach move in all directions. Baby is the most active at about 5-6 am and 8-9 pm, but I feel "her" all throughout the day. "She" loves music and will dance all around during church worship time and American Idol concerts :) The Doc says everything is looking perfect other than the fact that I am not drinking enough water which is causes several Braxton Hicks contractions throughout the day. I have tried to greatly increase my water intake this past week and have noticed a little decrease in the BHC. I have the glucose screening test in 2 weeks and Allen and I start childbirth classes the beginning of January (he is very excited :)! As for the nursery...well, we have a lot of work to do! We did get the crib bedding in about a month ago and I LOVE it! We are going to use my crib (already checked all the safety regulations and after a few "fixes" it will be perfectly safe), but have not moved it up to Oxford yet. We still have to paint and get a couple pieces of furniture so "she" can have "her" diaper changed by "her" daddy and be rocked to sleep by "her" mommy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea! I am soooo happy that you are loving being pregnant! It won't be long before we get to meet this busy little boy/girl!!! :)