Tuesday, August 31, 2010

5 months old!

Hi, my name is Jack and I am 5 months old today.

Here are some facts about me and my life :)
  • I love to eat!  Oatmeal and bananas are my favorites for breakfast.  I just started eating lunch this week and eat a yellow vegetable (my favorite!) at lunchtime and for supper I have rice, a green vegetable, and if I am still hungry Mama gives me a little dessert (apples or pears....mmm mmmmm).
  • I like my milk best of all and my Mama nurses me 4 times a day.  Sometimes I get a bottle if Mama isn't around. 
  • I wear a size 2 diaper but Mama says I'll be in a size 3 diaper very soon if I keep eating the way I do.
  • I wear mostly 9 month clothes and Mama says I need to slow down growing so I can wear all my "cute clothes".  Daddy gets mad at Mama for saying my clothes are "cute".
  • Daddy and Mama think I have some teeth somewhere trying to come in.  I don't have any teeth yet and don't know what the big deal is, but all I know is my gums hurt and I drool a whole lot.
  • I love love love Big Bird and Cookie Monster.  I have a toy of each and I could kiss them and slobber all over them all day long.
  • I reach for my Mama and Daddy to pick me up when I am on the floor playing.  Mama  loves when I reach for her and she always picks me up.  I think I have her trained :)
  • My Daddy gets me out of the bed every morning and I give all my best smiles away then.  He sings a song about Mr. Jack and plays with me for a minute before he shares me with Mama.
  • I love going to WalMart.  There are so many bright colors and weird people to look at. 
  • Cuba is my best friends and I like to pull his hair.  Mama says he is scared of me, but I know he loves me too because he is always sniffing my diaper.
  • Daddy gives me a bath every night and I LOVE bath time.  He sings a song about washing all my fat rolls (daddy like to make up silly songs).
  • I am not allowed to sit in my Bumbo Seat anymore unless Mama or Daddy are RIGHT THERE.  I like to try to escape from it....I think it is funny, but Mama says I am going to give her a heart attack.
  • I like to roll all over the place, I talk and smile and laugh alot, I am learning to sit up, but am a little unsteady.  Mama says I am a strong little boy and Daddy says I am a Baby Superman.
  • Daddy wants to take Mama on a spend the night trip, but Mama says she isn't quite ready to leave me.  I am glad, because I like my Mama ALOT :)
  • I miss Daddy when he is at work, but get SO excited when he comes home at lunch to play with me!  Today he even got me out of my crib even though Mama told him I needed a nap. 
  • I know I am a loved little boy...I have a Mama and Daddy, a Nana and Pops, a CC and Big Daddy, an Aunt Mea Mea, an Uncle Cade, and an Uncle Kyle and Aunt Regan who all love me SO MUCH and tell me all the time (and give me a whole bunch of kisses).

Also, I refused to smile for my 5 month pictures :)

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

OMG!!! This is too cute!! I can't wait to meet him on Saturday!!! He is the cutest boy ever! Love the part about Wal-Mart!! So true about the weird people!!

Marsha Goodwin said...

Jack,
I love your commentary about your parents..I think you hit the nail on the head...You are precious and growing too fast...
I love you and your mom/dad,
Aunt Mar

Unknown said...

Jack, you are growing up too fast for your mama and daddy. Go easy on them. ;) I'm a little behind on your hugs and kisses right now, so I can't wait to see you this winter to catch up! Parker would love a playdate!