Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sleep, Sippy Cups & Sitting Up

Since the day Jack was born, he has not loved naptime. There are just too many things to do, see and hear during the day! He has always been a champ at sleeping at night, but fights his naps. This issue got MUCH better once we started BabyWise at 11 weeks. For the past 2 months, Jack has taken 2 long (about 2 hour) naps during the day and a little catnap in the early evening. I love naptime! I can get SO much done when I know he is going to sleep for a long stretch! Over the past week though, we are having naptime trouble again. He will sleep for about 30-45 minutes and wake up and I walk in to this...



I know he is still tired, but when he wakes up he thinks it is time to play! I am working on letting him cry for a little while to fall back asleep, but it is hard for me to make him stay in his bed when he smiles and laughs when I walk in the room and cries (with LOTS of added drama) as soon as I walk out the door. I do believe my little boy is a little rotten :)



Also, Jack is learning how to sit up! He can stay up for a few minutes if I put his boppy behind him to help him out a little. This morning I put him in the pack and play and sat him up and put his sippy cup in front of him. I ran and grabbed the camera when I saw how hard he was working to get that sippy cup.





He LOVES his sippy cup...not so much for what's in it, but how it feels on his gums (we are wondering if he is teething). Most of the time I put just a couple of ounces of water in it, but this morning I put a little apple juice in the water and topped it with an ice cube. He works a little harder to drink from it when something sweet is inside :)

2 comments:

bettyb said...

Hi,Terra,
I just saw where both you and Meredith are in blog land now. Oh,my,I will never get any work done around my house now that I have two more sites to check out. But of course I love seeing all the little ones (and their parents too) to see how they are growing and changing. Jack is one handsome fellow and MUCH bigger than the one time I met him in church!! Aunt Marsha told me he was at Uncle Cade's ballgame Friday night. I know he had fun with so much attention.
Take care,
Betty Brister

Unknown said...

Hey! I love all the pics! Josiah is starting to fight naps again. I think it's because he is teething. He usually sleeps 11-12 hours at night, but now only 8-9 and his naps are down to 2 45 minute ones, but he hates them. If I figure out something that helps I will let you know.