Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm back for good!

I officially have internet again!!! Hopefully this will spark a revival of blog posts! LOTS has happened in the past 2 months. Our sweet little man just keeps growing and growing. I can't believe he will be 5 months old next week....how the time flies! We moved into a new house last week and are somewhat settled. I will wait and post pictures after I have a kitchen table and pictures hung :) It is a dream house for us and we are SO very excited to be in it! Here are some quick stats on whats going on with Jack and I'll leave you with a few pictures to see what we are up to these days.
- Jack weighs an estimated 16 pounds
- He began eating solids a few weeks ago and eats rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, apples, pears, green peas, and sweet potatoes.
- He LOVES Cuba and watches him all day long. He will reach for Cuba and grab his hair. We are very lucky that Cuba doesn't seem to mind!
- If Jack gets something in his hand, it is going straight to his mouth!
- He loves his paci, but only gets it in the bed or car.
- We lucked out having a child who loves to sleep. He sleeps 11 straight hours at night and takes 2 2-hour naps everyday. If he misses a nap, he is in a FOUL mood...just like his daddy use to be so I hear :)
- Mama's milk is still his favorite thing and he nurses 4 times a day taking what I think is anywhere from 6-8 ounces each feeding.
- Jack is learning how to drink from a sippy cup and does a great job, although he really just plays with it rather than drinking anything from it.
- Our little Roly Poly likes to move all around! He is rolling from tummy to back and back to tummy and scoots (unintentionally) all over the place. He rarely stops moving...I am going to have my hands FULL once he starts crawling!
- He reaches for you to pick him up...I LOVE this milestone!
- His daddy can make him laugh more than anything and anyone in the world.






2 comments:

Marsha Goodwin said...

Jack is getting so big...He is precious...Love the new pictures and that you are blogging again..I sure have missed updates..Can't wait to see your new home...Call when you are home....Love you all...

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big Jack has gotten since the last time I held him this summer! My mouth is still hanging open from the "big boy" changes!! He is ADORABLE and I know ya'll have had such a fun summer with him! The pictures shared today are great! Happy that you are in your new home, happy that you have internet (so you can update the blog!) and happy that everything is well!!! :) P.S. Where did you get that precious quilt?! I love it and want one!