Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Paci & Bunny


Jack loves his paci and bunny.  He only gets them when he is in the bed or on a long car ride.  I broke the "breastfeeding mom's #1 rule" 13 months ago and gave Jack a paci the day we got home from the hospital.  It never hurt anything and we have always tried to keep the paci a "going to sleep" thing.  My original plan was to take it away when he turned 1, but after talking with his pediatrician, I have changed my mind on the issue (as well as MANY others) and am going to let him keep it a little longer...maybe even until he is 2...who knows :)  When I get him out of the bed I tell him to throw his paci in the bed, and he does just that...with lots of enthusiasm and never seems upset to not have it.  His bunny is a soft little lovey his great aunt Judy gave him before he was born.  He slowly became attached to it, but I now wonder if he could even sleep without it.  He LOVES bunny and we now have an extra that stays in the car for road trips while the original bunny stays in Jack's crib (you can't tell them apart and I wash both once a week so they smell the same).  Jack always puts bunny up to his face when he is tired....too too sweet :)

We had a tough day at our house yesterday with a big fall off the chair and a bruise on the head as well as a cut under his chin which happened earlier that morning.  Top that off with a very short nap and things just weren't going well for the little guy.  This Mama decided it was a day to break the rules and bunny and paci got to make a special appearance out of the bed and into the den while we snuggled and watched Baby Einstein for the rest of the afternoon.  Paci & Bunny can make everything better!

1 comment:

Marsha Goodwin said...

Wonderful pictures of all the events y'all have attended lately!..Love keeping up with you all through your blog...Hope to see you next time you are home...LY all