Jack and I just got home from a week long stay in Destin, FL with Nana, Pops, Aunt Mea Mea, and Cade. We were so sad that Allen couldn't be there with us, but he is going to take a little vacation with us to Smith Lake later this summer.
I was not surprised at all that my child loved the sand, but I was very surprised that he loved the water...maybe he did learn something at swim lessons a few months ago after all :) Jack loved absolutely everything about the beach...the sand, the water, the boats, the airplanes, the people watching, and waving to everyone who walked by.
We headed to Baytowne Warf in Sandestin our last night in town for a little food and fun. Jack entertained EVERYONE with his dance moves while we listened to the band.
After a little dancing we headed over to the carousel which was a huge hit!
Jack became pretty attached to his Pops during this trip. If Pops was around, he ignored everyone else!
I told my mom on the last morning there that I don't remember a time when I was ever so sandy and had such an even tan (from not getting to sit down, but rather being up chasing a busy 14 month old). I realize that my beach days have completely changed from the laying out and reading to the up and chasing and playing, and it will stay that way for quite a few years.....and I wouldn't change it for the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment