If you know Jack or have been following this blog for a while, you know he was a late talker. He was a very quiet baby, didn't babble much, rarely made noises while playing, but followed directions great and signed his wants/needs, so I wasn't worried (just a little frustrated that the child of a speech therapist wouldn't talk). Anyway, let's fast forward to present day/time. As I sit here, my child is putting Mr. Potato Head together while explaining every little move he makes. The child NEVER stops talking! And I love it!!!
Speaking of talking, Jack is completely intrigued with Christmas and talks about all things Christmas non-stop. We always visit the Christmas decor section at Wal-mart and while looking at the blow-up Santa the other day, I decided it was a good time to remind the boys that we celebrate Christmas because it is Jesus' birthday. Jack then informed everyone in Wal-Mart that "Christmas NOT Jesus' birthday, it HoHo's birthday." Every since that day, I have really tried to talk more about Baby Jesus than Santa Clause in our house :) And maybe it's sinking in.... Yesteray Jack was asked by someone who was going to come see him on Christmas and bring him toys... his response "Baby Jesus is!!!!"
Let's talk a little about Baby Brother. This little guy will most definitely NOT be a late talker. Little Guy wants to be so much like big brother, he is already trying to imitate anything and everything he hears! He has a vocabulary of about 20+ words. It is already a loud house, but I can't imagine what it will be like when Witt starts talking in sentences! His most frequently used words are "Uh huh, Dada, Jack, Hot, Ball, Up, Tractor, Truck, HoHo." Notice "Mama" is no where on that list! He will say it, but only when he is fussing because he wants something (and thankfully this child doesn't fuss often). It is SO fun to see how different these 2 little boys already are (but also how they love the same things!).
We had a Thanksgiving Feast at Jack's school yesterday at lunch. Jack was so excited that his Mama, Daddy, and Witt showed up at school! His little MMO program is so wonderful and we are so thankful for all the sweet teachers there! Witt thought he was such a big boy sitting at the table with Jack and his friends.
Jack made a placemat and listed things he is thankful for. I could tell that Jack chose these items himself, because the items listed were some of his favorite things. I'm just not sure where "Poppy" came from since he does not have a Poppy... ha!
Can you tell Witt thoroughly enjoyed the food!!! HA!
Recently, Allen and I decided Witt is old enough to understand timeout and we started using it when he hits or disobeys after a warning. He thinks it is GREAT! Yes, you read that right. The child thinks he is SO big when he gets put in time out! Here are the boys this morning after they got in trouble for fighting, hitting, and pushing (oh the joys of raising boys).
Thankfully, Jack is not so happy about timeout :)
No comments:
Post a Comment