Friday, March 26, 2010

STILL WAITING!


We are still "babyless" :) I went to the doctor today and the news was that I have progressed a little, but obviously not enough to put me into labor :) We have scheduled an induction for 5:30 am on Wed if Baby is not here yet. As much as I do not want to be induced, I feel much better about it after Dr. Martin explained a few things. Because my cervix is ready for labor, we can skip the whole "ripening of the cervix" part of induction and simply start pitocin to begin the contractions. If things go as he has planned, he believes Baby Cravens will be here mid to late afternoon on Wednesday, March 31! (I'm still hoping for a weekend baby)! Monday was my last day at work and I have been shocked to find that I have been bored this week. I am so thankful that I have had such a WONDERFUL pregnancy and was able to work until the end...even it is was part time :) I am not even at the miserable point of pregnancy that I hear everyone talk about...I just am getting very anxious to meet this little baby! I really have enjoyed being pregnant...other that the first 20 weeks of morning sickness :) Allen and I are planning on several "dates" these next few nights since we know it is about to be much harder for "date night" at our house, but we wouldn't change that for the world! The carseat was installed into the car for the 3rd time earlier this week (yes, it took us 3 tries to get it right) so we are 100% prepared (or as prepared as we can be) for Baby to get here. Allen explained to me last night that he already has a Christmas present picked out for the baby...talk about planning ahead :) Will keep you all posted on birth day!!!

1 comment:

Marsha Goodwin said...

So good to see you and Allen today..I know you both are so excited now that you know when Baby C will be here, IF not before..Love having date nights--it will be a while before you will get to do it again, unless you can twist some arms and get grandmothers up there to keep Baby C while you go out..Hate that that will be such an almost impossible thing to do..haha...You even have an auntie who is retired if you ever need me, and I am not working..Wonder if Baby C's Christmas present is the same as my babies got after they were born---GUNS!!!..lol...Yes, even Betsy had a brand new rifle when we got her home from the hospital..Love you both, and I am so excited about next week...