Tuesday, February 1, 2011

10 Months Old!!!

Hi, my name is Jack Cravens and I am 10 months old today!!! (Well, yesterday really...Mama's a little tardy once again with this post).  Please excuse the fact that I am wearing my pj's in my 10 month pics....it rained all day and Mama said these days are meant for all day long pj wearing!  Here are some things going on in my life right now...

  • I move 10 hours of the day...the other 14 I sleep.  Notice the blurry picture?  It's because I never stop moving!
  • I weigh about 21 pounds and wear 12 month clothes.  I wear a size 3 diaper during the day, but Mama puts me in a size 4 sleep diaper at night.
  •  I drink a bottle of formula in the morning and a bottle at bedtime.  During the day I drink my milk out of a sippy cup...I am a big boy!  Mama is going to try to start my morning bottle in a cup this week.
  • I love to eat, but don't like baby food any longer.  Mama is having to get really creative with mealtimes so I get all my veggies in!  My favorite foods are baked sweet potatoes, whole green beans, black eyed peas, bananas, mandarin oranges, and yogurt (note to other new moms: look for Yobaby 3 in 1....found in refrigerated yogurt section.  It is organic and has a serving a fruit and veggies.  It is Jack's favorite!).  Other new favorites are waffles, goldfish, any kind of cracker, cheerios, cereal bars, anything Mama is eating :) 
  •  I am not walking yet, but Mama thinks it will be any day.  I cruise along all the furniture and I love to walk holding Mama and Daddy's hands.  I am a little cautious and when I realize I have forgotten to hold on and I am standing alone, I will slowly squat to the ground.
  •  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cuba and Cuba is beginning to like me a little.  Mama says "Where's Cuba?" and I take off in search for him.  I really like to pull his hair and give him bites of my food.  Cuba will get his toys out and bring them to me to play with.  He is a sweet furry brother.
  • Speaking of brothers, did you hear I'm going to be a big brother?!?!?!  I'm not real sure what this means, but Mama and Daddy are mighty excited about it.  I know that in a few months, I get to move into the room with the bunk beds! (Mama did just burst my bubble and told me I will still be sleeping in a crib and not on the top bunk....bummer).
  • I still love my sleep!  I go to sleep around 7:00 every night and get up at 6:15 every morning.  I then take a nap from 8-9 and from 12:30-3:00.  I am a champion napper these days and never ever cry when Mama puts me in my bed.  Sometimes, when she comes to get me up, I don't want to get out of my crib :)  Mama says she is 1 lucky mom to have such a great sleeper!
  • I get so excited when my daddy comes home from work.  Mama says, "Jack, Daddy's coming home" and I crawl real fast to stand in my chair at the front window.  We watch and watch until I see his Jeep come around the corner, then I squeal and jump up and down in my chair with excitement!
  • Daddy finished my playroom upstairs and even put a tent up for me to play in!  Daddy, Mama and I play up there every night and Mama never has to tell me "No no Jack" because the entire room is 100% baby proof!!!!
  • I am FINALLY saying "Dada".  Daddy is SO proud of me.  Mama still tells me I am a quiet baby, but I will talk and babble when I am playing with my cars and trucks and reading my book about tractors.  I like to say "Mama" a lot and will stand at the baby gate and say it over and over and over again until Mama opens the gate up :)
  • I still only have my 1 tooth, but Mama thinks the second one is coming in now. Brushing my "tooth" is one of my favorite things to do...Maybe I will be a dentist when I grow up just like my Pops.
  • I have started throwing little fits when Mama says "No" or won't give me something I want...Mama says I act just like my daddy and Daddy says I act just like my mama.
    • Mama and Daddy are getting ready to leave me for 5 whole nights in a few weeks.  They are getting on some big boat to float out in the ocean somewhere.  I am SUPER excited about spending lots of time with BOTH sets of grandparents while they are away!  I bet I get 1,964 kisses from Mama on the day she leaves me, but she will be just fine on that big boat without me :)
    • I have gotten mighty attached to my Mama.  If she is in the room, then she is who I want.  I also get teased when someone speaks to me who I don't know very well.  I will bury my face in Mama's shirt and grin.  Mama says she secretly likes this phase...it is the only time I am cuddly.
    • Favorites as a 10 month old: trucks (I push them all over the house), being outside, bath time, balls, Cuba's toys, helping Mama clean (she gives me a rag and I "wash" the floor), playing with my buddy Wyatt , playing chase with Daddy,  reading books, emptying the kitchen cabinets, looking out the window, puzzles, watching "Baby Signing Time" and "Super Why".  Mama and Daddy say I get to be more fun everyday and that I am such a good boy!
    This is how about 98% of our photo shoot went...

    And this is what happened when I said "Jack, sit down and give Mama a big smile!"

    1 comment:

    Marsha Goodwin said...

    Oh, how I love to read your blog...Love the pix of Jack...I think I remember saying a time or two that he was doing things so fast that he was making room for another baby, remember??...LOL..Love y'all and hope to see you soon..If I don't see you before the cruise, have a wonderful time..