Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Super Big Brother!


The past few posts have been all about Witt, so I thought it was about time to fill you in on how Jack is dealing with being a big brother.  I could not have DREAMED that he would do any better!  I really thought he would completely ignore the baby, but not at all.  The first sound out of his mouth when you get him out of his crib in the morning and after his nap is "Baby?".  He always has to know where his baby is :)   He climbs up the railing of Witt's crib to see if he is asleep, he helps swing Witt in the swing, he rocks him in the bassinet, he brings him his paci when he is crying...all the things a big brother is suppose to do. After he has given Witt about 10 seconds of attention, he runs off to play. He has been a GREAT big brother so far!  As for jealousy....I am not seeing it at all, BUT, he has started throwing some MAJOR tantrums this week and I'm sure it has something to do with the arrival of baby brother. I just telling myself I better get use to it because it is probably a preview of the terrible twos :)  Allen and I are working on types of punishment for his behavior and I have to say this is the toughest part of parenting we have dealt with in our 17 months of being parents.

We are so proud of big brother Jack!
This is what you get when you pull out the camera and tell Jack to smile :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the cheesy grin!

Marsha Goodwin said...

Love your blog..Thanks for sharing my adorable great nephews with us and all the precious things they do and say...Hope to spend more time with y'all next time you are this way...Love you all..

The Warf Stories said...

Love this!! Can't wait to see y'all soon!