Witt Cravens, you are 3 weeks old! It feels like you just got here yesterday...slow down time! Here are some things going on with you as a 3 week old.
- You LOVE to be held! Your big brother has never been much of a cuddle bug. Even as a newborn he was more content to lay in his bed to fall asleep rather than be rocked. It broke my heart and I told your daddy "I hope our next one likes to cuddle". I got what I wished for! You are a very content baby, but at times you will scream at the top of your lungs when in your swing or in your crib and the instant I pick you up you stop crying, snuggle up close to your mama and fall right to sleep.
- I could set a clock by you! I wanted to keep you on a 2 1/2 eating schedule for a few more weeks (and a 4 - 5 hour schedule at night...I love to have scheduled babies!), but you were not having it. Late last week I decided to forget about the clock and just nurse on demand and let you sleep (during the day) until you woke up. You are now on a 3 hour schedule around the clock and you are doing much better than when Mama tried to schedule you :) You eat at 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10, 1, 4 on the dot and if I'm not ready to feed you that instant, you make sure I know you aren't happy :)
- We are working on good night time sleep in our house....You really like to moan, grunt, and wiggle between the hours of 2 am and 4 am which keeps your Mama wide awake. We might be moving you to your crib in your room sooner rather than later due to this :)
- You had your first real bath last week (your umbilical cord fell off at 2 weeks, 1 day) and you loved it. You get so relaxed in the bathtub and don't even mind having all your hair washed !
- Your big brother still loves you and even likes to hold you these days (but only for about 5 seconds, then he tries to push you off his lap). I think he has kissed your head about 28 times so far today. You two are going to be the best of friends!
- We are having SO much fun with you and we love you so much!
1 comment:
Love your blog and new pix of the boys...Sometimes 'demand' is better than our schedules, even though schedules are so good most of the time..Glad Witt is happier on HIS schedule....I am excited Witt likes to be held...Hope to get to hold him lots real soon..Love you all..Hugs to all 3 of your boys!!!!
Post a Comment