Thursday, September 8, 2011

Jack's 1st Day of "School"

Jack had his first day of Mother's Morning Out yesterday.  It was a tear filled morning not only for Jack, but also for this Mama.  I was already emotional about someone else taking care of my baby AND  about the fact that he is even old enough to go to MMO.  While sitting in the carpool/drop off line, Jack saw the playground and was already trying to get out of his carseat, so I really thought drop off would be so easy.  Instead he panicked, cried, clung to me, and looked at me with the most pitiful look when the teacher took him from me and walked inside.  I had to immediately pull my sunglasses down to hide my tears...it was HARD to get back in the car and pull away!  If I have this much trouble sending my child to MMO for 3 hours a morning, 2 mornings a week, what in the world am I going to do when he starts real school???!!!!  :)  Overall, I think he had a good morning.  I know there were more tears throughout the morning, but I think after a few more days of school he will get use to it and will love it! Witt and I used the 3 hours to run errands...something that I haven't quite figured out how to do with a 17 month old and a 3 week old in tow, but can definitely handle it with just 1 baby :)

Before we left for school yesterday morning, we had a little photo shoot to document this big "first" for Jack :)


"Say what?  I get to go to school today?!"

"Check out my new running shoes...I can run FAST in these things!"



My little (big) boy is growing up WAY too fast!

No comments: