Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Witt is 4 weeks old!


Witt Cravens, you are 4 weeks old!  You will be 1 month old on Thursday and I don't where this month has gone!!!  It is going WAY too fast.  Here are a few things going on in your 4th week of life...

  • You are sleeping SO much better at night.  After not sleeping well for 3 1/2 weeks, I bought you a "Nap Nanny" and it has helped you get comfy and sleep great which means Mama sleeps great too!  The past few nights while sleeping in the nap nanny, you have woken up around 2:30 and 5:00 to eat and have gone right back to sleep after both feedings! We moved you into your room at night the beginning of last week and that has also helped your Mama sleep a little more.  I can hear you over the monitor, but don't hear every little wiggle and sigh :)
  • You are a great eater and are nursing every 3 hours (7 am, 10 am, 1 pm, 4 pm, 7 pm, 9:30 pm, then 2 night feedings whenever you wake up).  I have started calling you "Chunk" because your little cheeks are getting so chubby and I LOVE that!  You took your first bottle of breastmilk this week and did great with it. 
  • We have been having lots of tummy time and you are doing a great job holding your head up!  You even rolled from your tummy to back, but it was an accident....your little head just got away from you and rolled the rest of your body over :)
  • You LOVE to be held!  I rock you for a few minutes before your naps, then put you in your crib before you are all the way asleep.  It really upsets you that I am not holding you anymore and you let me know it!  After a little fussing for a few minutes, you calm down and fall right to sleep.
  • I put you in your Moby wrap for the first time this week and you loved it (and so did your Mama)!  I think I will be "wearing" you a lot the next several months!
  • Your big brother loves you so much and is always checking on you when you are crying.  He will give you your paci or push your swing to help you settle down.  He even tells me you are hungry by pointing to the clips on my nursing cami then pointing to your mouth... haha!
  • Happy 4 weeks Witt!!!! 
Check out those cheeks!  (And big feet!!!)

Distracted by the ceiling fan :)

No comments: