Hi, my name is Jack Cravens and I am 9 months old today (well, on the 31st....Mama was a little late with this post). Here are some facts about my life right now as a busy 9 month old.
- I am a BUSY BUSY BUSY boy. Mama tell me she can't turn her back for 2 seconds without me getting into something I shouldn't be into.
- I am also a big boy and wear size 12 month clothes and some 18 months and wear a size 3 diaper.
- Mama thinks I weigh about 21 pounds, but we will know for sure after my well baby checkup tomorrow.
- I FINALLY have a tooth!!!! My bottom front right tooth just broke through and Mama is SO excited. I am excited too because when she brushes my teeth (well, gums) she spends a little extra time on my new tooth and I LOVE having my tooth and gums brushed!!!
- Daddy is my best buddy. When he comes home we play and play and play. I still won't say his name though and he says it hurts his feelings a little. Maybe I will work on saying "Dada" in the next few weeks.
- I am becoming quite the Mama's boy. Most of the time I love all people and will reach for whoever wants to play with me, but when Mama walks out of the room, watch out because the water works come on!
- I love Cuba and I throw the ball to him, play tug of war with him, and pull his hair. Mama says it is a good thing Cuba loves me so much or he would get upset with having his hair pulled all the time.
- I am a speed crawler, a pro puller upper, and a new cruiser. I just started walking while holding onto toys and furniture in the past 2 weeks, but I get better (and faster) at it everyday. Just today Mama looked over and saw me standing by my toy bucket not holding onto anything...she said "You better not start walking yet Jack Cravens!" I know she is serious when she calls me "Jack Cravens".
- I still sleep great every night going to bed between 6:30 and 7:00 and waking up around 6:30 in the morning. Daddy always gets me out of the bed in the morning and its out special "guy time".
- Naps aren't my favorite thing to do, but Mama tells me I have to rest 2 times a days because I'm so busy when I'm awake (and she says nap time is her break time). I nap 8:00 -9:30 in the morning and 1:00-3:00 in the afternoon.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat real food! Mama and Daddy have been feeding me off their plates for about a month now. I still eat some babyfood, but always have some fingerfoods or some mashed up foods from Mama's plate during all meals.
- I drink juice and water from a sippy cup and Mama just started putting my afternoon milk in a cup too. I drink a bottle when I wake up, before my afternoon nap, and at bedtime.
- I have starting yelling at the top of my lungs during mealtime when Mama takes too long to give me a bite. Mama says I have terrible table manners. I did get lots of looks last night at Abners when she wouldn't give me a sweet potato fry fast enough so I gave my best Tarzan yell. Mama is trying to get me to sign "more" instead of yelling, but why would I do that when I can just yell.
- I have found my voice and LOVE to hear it. I babble, yell, and squeal with excitement while playing. I am saying "Mama" and also use p,b,n and w's, but no D's for Dada yet.
- Sometimes Daddy and Mama let me spend the night with Nana & Pops or CC & Big Daddy. I love to spend the night away from home and come back the next day very spoiled :)
- Mama and Daddy tell me all the time that even though I hear the word "No" from them 842 times a day, they love me very much and they are proud of what a good boy I am! Mama says she has loved watching me learn how to do new things this month and Daddy says the older I get, the more fun I get!
 |
| Jack was "dancing" to my singing during this photo shoot :) |
|
|
 |
| Jack's "signature look". Biting on bottom lip, looking sweet. |
2 comments:
He is such a DOLL!!!
I love your blog and your comments..Can't wait to see y'all, hopefully soon..Jack is growing up so fast, and he is so precious..Let me know when y'all are back this way, so I can see you...Love you three
Post a Comment