Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And Baby Makes 4!

Thank you all for you sweet words about our growing family.  We are beyond thrilled!  I have had lots of questions, so thought I would answer them all right here :)

1.  Many have asked though it is really nobody's business...Was this a surprise pregnancy? haha!  As crazy as we might be, this was planned :)  We didn't expect it to happen so soon...we were thinking of spacing Jack and a sibling 18-24 months apart, and we will almost hit that "plan" with this baby arriving right when Jack turns 17 months old.

2.  Will you be finding out the sex of the baby this time around.  The answer is NO :)  I thought I would want to, but the more we talk about it, I want this baby's birthday to be just as fun and exciting for us as Jack's was, which means we will wait 7 more months to see if Jack is getting a brother or a sister.

3.  Do you want a girl this time around?  To be COMPLETELY honest...I don't care.  I want a healthy baby :)  I would LOVE a little girl to dress up, put bows in her hair, play with dolls, BUT I would also love for Jack to have a brother since they will be so close in age.  I think there are wonderful pluses to both, so I truly don't care.

4.  How far along are you?  As of today, I am 8 weeks 4 days.  We saw the baby on ultrasound last week and heard his or her little heartbeat and we couldn't keep the news to ourselves any longer.

5.  How do you feel?  So far, I can't complain one bit!  I get a little queasy every morning and right around mealtimes and I'm having a hard time thinking of anything I want to eat, but it has been NOTHING compared to how sick I felt when I was pregnant with Jack.  PRAISE GOD!

6.  Are you nervous about having 2 under 2?  Not really...or at least not yet.  I think (and hope) I can manage a newborn and toddler, but am a little nervous about next summer when I have a 9 month old and a 2 year old...that seems a little difficult to manage :)

Again, I can't tell you how thrilled we are!  We appreciate all prayers for a healthy pregnancy :)

This cutie patootie is going to make a GREAT big brother.  Just today I saw what I thought was Jack sharing his goldfish crackers with Cuba.....then I realized he was letting Cuba lick the salt off, then Jack would eat the cracker.  Oh well, it's a start at sharing :)

2 comments:

brianandsallyray said...

TERRA!!!! I am so excited and thrilled for yall!!! Congrats!!! SO FUN!!

Marsha Goodwin said...

Loved your question/answer blog..Mine are two years apart, and what great buddies they were growing up...There were times I felt I had twins--lots of diapers until Betsy was potty trained..Brock never napped, and Betsy slept her life away, so I never got any time to myself...I am so glad they were close in age..They were best friends..You will do great!!...So excited for y'all..Love you three!!