I have lately become a terrible blogger. Jack's little walk has turned into a full out run and this pregnant Mama spends her day chasing :) Everyday during nap time I think, "Oh, I have some time to blog" and then I realize I have not picked up the camera 1 time that day (or the entire week). It is hard to chase a toddler while carrying around a big camera so I think it is time for me to dust off my little point and shoot camera and hopefully will get some more pictures of this sweet (and very busy and very fast) little boy. Here are a few pictures of what has been going on lately in the Cravens Household.
We woke up early (as in 5:15) Sunday morning and realized it was going to be a little cooler that day (as in 93 instead of 100) so we made a quick decision to head to Memphis to visit the zoo! We text Aunt Mea Mea at 7:30 and told her we were on our way to her neck of the woods and would she please meet us for the morning...she thankfully agreed and I let her chase Jack all over while I slowly trailed behind :) This was Jack's first time at the Zoo and I was surprised he liked it so much! He growled, roared, and neighed at all the animals (he thinks all animals make these 3 sounds). The monkeys were his favorite and they took a liking to him too! Lots of kisses were passed between the glass wall...
Although Jack really enjoyed the animals, his favorite part of the Zoo was the playground and the splash fountain. I guess nothing beats playing in a giant hippo and splashing in some water while fully clothed!
We took the stroller with us for this trip and I think Jack spent all of 15 minutes in it. He would much rather walk (or run) and when those little legs got tired, his transportation of choice was his Daddy's shoulders.
Little guy was worn out after our morning and we thank Mea Mea for spending the day with us and can't wait to do it again!
On the home front, we are just trying to stay cool. We have been swimming several times with Jack's buddy, Wyatt, in his neighborhood pool and with Nana in Grenada. We have had lots of little road trips to visit all of Jack's grandparents and to see great grandparents and great aunts, and when we are home we cool off by stripping down to a diaper and crocs and playing in the sprinkler.
If you ride by our house at 5:30 in the afternoon, you are likely to see the the little boy above and his daddy watering the yard while running through the sprinkler. It is Jack's highlight of the day!
All this going and playing wears a little boy out and lately he (and his daddy) fall asleep before we even make it to bed....that is very unusual in this house!
You might remember from last year that farmer Allen was an over-achiever when it came to our backyard garden. For a first time farmer, we had more veggies than we knew what to do with! Well, take that very successful garden and times it by 3 and you have an idea of what we are producing in the area of produce this year! Allen went in with a friend of his this year to co-garden and they have done a great job and we have enough veggies to feed the entire town of Taylor. The tomatoes aren't ready yet, but we have cucumbers, squash, zucchini, and any and all types of peppers coming out of our ears! Let me know if you want any veggies! Jack and I will deliver :)
And now a little about baby Witt. He is definitely growing (as is his Mama)! Everything is going great and I am now going to the doctor every other week meaning the end is in sight! We think this baby boy is going to be a bit bigger than his brother... maybe this time around I'll have a little boy with some fat rolls :) The nursery is slowly coming together...we have the new crib set up and the bedding in and I just got the box of Jack's newborn clothes out of the attic and it is stacked up to be washed. The bassinet is being delivered tonight by CC and Big Daddy and while they are here I'm hoping they can assist (or take over) in the hanging of the window treatments :) We still are in search of a white changing table/dresser, then there is lots of organizing to do, but we are getting there. I have had such a great pregnancy so far and have felt great, but am now definitely feeling the exhaustion that comes with the 3rd trimester (and chasing a 1 year old and it being 100 degrees outside). I know all kinds of new struggles will come with having a newborn and a toddler, but at this point I am ready to be able to play on the floor with Jack and hold him without my big belly being in the way! I am also SO excited about having another little bitty to hold and snuggle with, since my toddler is too busy for cuddles these days :)
No comments:
Post a Comment