Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Words of a 15 Month Old

My sweet, adorable, wild, little 15 month old, also known as Jack, doesn't really like to use words to communicate.  It drives the speech therapist in me CRAZY!  We do what I call "therapy" or "school-time" everyday at home and he is slowly figuring out that his Mama is going to make sure he talks :)  He would much rather sign, grunt, gesture, and talk in Alien Speak to have his needs known. I figured this 15 month mark is a good time for me to document the words he will say (when he wants to, which isn't often :)

Words:
  • Mama
  • Dada
  • Banana "nana"
  • This "ish"
  • Dog "dow"
  • Truck "duh"
  • Juice  (I am impressed that it actually sounds just like "juice"...he must love his juice :)
  • Drink "di"
  • Brush "bush"
  • Allen (yes, my child yells "Aaaawweee" to call his daddy...He listens to me more than I realize)
  • Up "uh"
  • Uh Oh "uh"
Animal Sounds: (We are slowly getting somewhere with this :)
  • Neigh (his favorite)
  • Moo
  • Quack (he doesn't always get this one)
  • Ruff (he only barks when he crawls on the floor pretending to be a dog and it actually sounds more like a growl than a bark)
  • Growl/Roar (in his little mind, if the animal doesn't "neigh" than it should "roar"...such a boy
Signs:
  • Eat
  • Drink
  • More
  • Please
  • All Done
  • Baby
His words are probably only recognizable by his mama and daddy, but we are proud of him for FINALLY deciding he should do a little talking :) 

1 comment:

Marsha Goodwin said...

You have 2nd cousins who were much older before they talked, and now there are times their parents wish they would be sign everything..haha..I bet he'll be talking a blue streak soon with his wonderful therapist mom..Love you all..