Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tractors & Baby News

This cute little fellow had a day of fun on the farm yesterday!  (Sorry for the blurry pictures...I'm working on it)

Thursday afternoon, my sweet, wonderful mom (aka Nana) gave me a wonderful gift...she drove to Oxford and picked up my child and took him home with her :)  Allen and I got to have a nice little date night then on Friday morning I got to sleep until 8:15!  It was WONDERFUL!  To tell the truth, I was wide awake at 5:45 am, but after watching 15 minutes of the news and reading a chapter in my book, I turned the lights back out and drifting into dreamland.  I think Jack had a great time spending the night in Grenada at Pops and Nana's house and on Friday morning they headed to the Delta to Uncle Danny's farm.  In case you missed the memo, my child is completely obsessed with tractors!  I heard from everyone that Jack absolutely loved it out there and came home a very dirty little boy :)
Jack even got the drive the tractor with his cousin, Matt!


Friday morning while Jack was out driving tractors, Allen accompanied me to my 30 week doctor appointment.  I was exactly 30 weeks on Friday and my doctor had decided during my last visit than this appointment would be a good time to do an ultrasound and check on the baby's size and make sure he was growing okay.  Well, little Witt is growing a little more than okay...He is measuring almost 2 full weeks ahead, weighing an estimated 3 pounds, 7 ounces, and it appears he already has a head full of hair!  I have been telling everyone that I thought he would be bigger than Jack, now I finally have a little proof.  Jack always measured a little more than 1 week behind his due date, so I am wondering if this means this baby will come a little early...I'm shooting for August 24th :) Even when the ultrasound was turned to 4D, we never got a very clear picture of Witt's face.  His face is turned toward my back and he kept his fist in his mouth the first half of the session, then after some coaxing from his Mama by rolling on my side, he did move his hand from his mouth but only to open it up and place it directly in front of his face.  He is already stubborn just like his daddy :)  Allen is SURE that Witt looks just like him. haha.  I came home and compared the pictures to a 3D/4D ultrasound picture of Jack at 28 weeks and I think they look just alike.  I guess we'll see in hopefully 8 or 9 weeks...maybe 10 weeks :)  He looked wonderful and we are so very thankful that he is healthy and growing!

1 comment:

Marsha Goodwin said...

It was great seeing Jack when he visited in Grenada a few days ago..I heard how much he loved Danny's farm..ALL BOY!!..Hope to see you soon..LY