Thursday, September 30, 2010

6 months old!



Hi, my name is Jack and I am 6 months old today.  It is a BIG birthday for me because I am half a year old!  My mama says the time has flown and a little boy has taken over her baby :)  Here are some facts about  my life:

  • I weigh about 16 pounds (we will know for sure on Monday at my checkup) and Mama says I carry my weight in my legs and Daddy calls me Thunder Thighs.
  • I am wearing 9 month clothes and a size 2 or 3 diaper...both fit right now.
  • My Mama nurses me in the morning and at night and I get an 8oz bottle of stored breast milk and another 8 ounce bottle of formula during the day.
  • I eat about 2 jars of baby food a day, plus 1/2 a banana, oatmeal, yogurt, and any mushed up veggies that Mama cooks for supper.
  • I love my sippy cup and drink a little apple juice with water every afternoon.
  • I like puffs, but still have a hard time getting them in my mouth.
  • I get up on my hands and knees and rock, but can't figure out how to get anywhere.
  • I am a pro at sitting up and can reach for toys without falling over.
  • I have just started going from the sitting position to all fours, then back to sitting, but it takes me awhile to do this :)
  • I wave my arms up and down really fast when I get excited about something.
  • I just started squealing and I love to babble using m, b, & p and blow raspberries.
  • I discovered my tongue last week and love to play copy cat with Daddy.  He sticks out his tongue, then I stick out mine.  I LOVE to blow raspberries with my tongue out, especially when I have a mouth full of food!
  • I still don't have any teeth, but I chew and slobber on EVERYTHING!
  • I LOVE to give kisses and will kiss whoever is holding me.  I like to give long, wet, slobbery kisses on the cheek and I even have sound effects!
  • I like my paci, but am not attached to it. I only take it when I am sleepy.  Lately I have started putting my thumb in my mouth.  My mama says it is cute, but then she says "Get that thumb out of your mouth!"
  • Mama said she is going to make Daddy lower my bed this weekend because I tried to pull up on the side of the bathtub earlier this week so she decided it was time for the bed to go down.
  • I sleep from 7:30 pm to 7:00 am.  I take a 2 hour nap in the morning, a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, and a 30-45 minute catnap in the late afternoon.  Sometimes I wake up at 5:00 in the morning and Mama lets me get in the bed with her and Daddy...I LOVE to get in the big bed!!!
  • Mama or Daddy rock me to sleep at night, but during the day Mama rocks me for just a minute then puts me in my bed awake.  She tells me I need to go to sleep on my own.  I like to talk to my bunny for a few minutes, then most of the time I fall asleep with no or just a few tears.
  • I LOVE to be outside and play in the grass.  It feels so funny on my toes and Mama lets me sit and rub my hands over the grass.  I can't wait to be old enough to play in the dirt!
  • I also love my stroller and we try to stroll every morning and every night.  I especially love it when Cuba gets to sit on the front of my stroller!
  • I don't mind my carseat these days and like to look out the window and play with my toes when I am riding in the car.
  • I sit like a big boy in the buggy at the grocery store and Mama says it is so much easier taking me shopping.   Daddy even let me go with him to Home Depot earlier this week.  I sat in the buggy and Daddy taught me all about tools and boy stuff.  Mama said she had fun being at home alone while we were on our "boy trip".
  • Cuba is still my best buddy!  I like to pull his hair and have even pulled out a few chunks, but Cuba doesn't seem to mind.  He likes to lick me and eat my puffs that I throw on the floor.
  •  
  • I love toys, but I love books even more!  Mama says I am going to be such a smart boy because I love to read so much, but really I just like the pictures and like to chew on the cardboard...sssshhhh, don't tell Mama that!
  • Daddy has been practicing calling ducks with my help. He quacks and I squeal and laugh.  Daddy says he is training me so I can call the ducks for him in a few years!
  • Mama is going back to work next week (just 2 half days), but I know I'm going to be OK!  My CC is going to come play with me 1 day a week and I get to have a babysitter the other day!  Somebody needs to tell my Mama that she is going to be OK too!
  • Mama and Daddy tell me that they can't remember what they did before I was here.  I bet they never laughed because whenever they are laughing it is at or with me!  Mama says this is a really fun age and that she loves to watch me learn new things everyday. 

2 comments:

The Warf Stories said...

How cute!! I LOVE all the updates from Jack:-)!! Can't believe how big he is - 6 months already - wow. Can't wait to see y'all again soon!!

Mariellen said...

LOve your blog!! This makes me even more excited to meet our baby!!! I knew you would be such a great mom!!