Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Back on a Schedule!
I don't think of myself as a "hyperscheduling" person, yet I LOVE when Jack is on a schedule! I didn't put Jack on a schedule until he was about 11 weeks old and he began sleeping through the night. Before then, I was an on demand nurser and he napped between feedings. Once we got into a routine and had scheduled feedings, our days became SO much easier! A month ago we abandoned that wonderful schedule because of a low milk supply and It was back to demand feedings all day long. Thankfully after help from my lactation consultant, lots of nursing, and LOTS of water, things have greatly improved and we are BACK on schedule!!!....a different schedule that it. I am nursing Jack more frequently than before, but that is fine with me and Jack doesn't mind ONE BIT! Now that we are back on schedule, Jack is taking 3 GREAT naps a day...Oh how I LOVE naptime :)
One of the "extra feedings" in our new schedule is a late night feeding right before Allen and I go to sleep. Jack is always sound asleep when I get him out of his bed and into ours for that feeding. He wakes up enough to realize where he is and he gets so tickled to be in bed between Mama and Daddy (he has never slept with us, so this is something very new to him). He will lay his little head down and be almost asleep, then realize Daddy is right beside him, so up pops that little head and a huge smile on his face. When he finally falls asleep I move him back to his room. It is probably my favorite part of the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Schedules can be such good things for babies and parents...You and Allen are such good parents!...See you tonight...Love you all...
This post was such a neat one to read! I loved the detail of ya'll's schedule. Aren't routines great?! Although with Parker, I felt like our schedules changed every 2-3 wks for the longest time..haha! Glad things are going better at feeding times. Have a terrific weekend! :)
Post a Comment