Friday, January 14, 2011

The Blizzard of 2011

Yes, I called it a blizzard.  In my book, 8 inches of snow in Mississippi is considered a blizzard!  All afternoon on Sunday we sat around just waiting on the snow.  Phone calls from family in Grenada confirmed THEY were getting the snow, but it was nowhere to be seen in our neck of the woods.  It finally started sleeting late Sunday afternoon, then the snow came, but I was not impressed.  It looked more like flurries than the showers that had been forecast.  So we went to bed (early as always) and woke up to a true winter wonderland!  Allen immediately got up, dressed, and ran up to the neighbors house to sled down their hill (at 6:00 am).  Later in the morning, Jack and I bundled up to venture out.  Jack was not sure what to think about it.


Allen insisted that Jack have his first go at sledding....Jack wasn't impressed.


But you can't get much cuter than this :)


All in all, our 20 minutes out in the snow was fun.  Allen had to venture to work in the mess, but came home after lunch and headed out with all the other "neighborhood adults who think they are kids" for a couple more hours of sledding.

2 comments:

Marsha Goodwin said...

Great pix of Jack and Dad in the snow..Jack looks a little bewildered by it all..Precious angel!..See you this weekend...Love you all

Unknown said...

I love it!