Hi! My name is Jack Cravens and I am ONE YEAR OLD today! We have been celebrating my birthday all week and the Happy Birthday song is my new favorite thing to hear :) Here are a few things going on in my life right now.

- I keep getting taller, but Mama says I am getting skinnier. I eat a lot, but I move even more, so I haven't gained any weight in the past month. Mama says she wishes she had that problem. I wear size 12 and 18 months in clothes and weigh an estimated 21 pounds.
- I eat 3 big meals a day and most of the time have 2 snacks. All kinds of fruits are still my favorite foods. New foods that I love are cheese and peanut butter (Mama just started letting me try this one). I like to feed myself and most of the time Mama lets me do just that even though I make a big mess.
- I am still drinking formula and Mama says she will give me cows milk once we run out of our stash of formula. I drink all my milk, juice, and water out of a cup. No more bottles for me...I am a big boy!
- I go to sleep around 7:30 and sleep until 7:00 most mornings. I don't like to be rocked to sleep anymore and Mama says it hurts her feelings. I want to be in my bed by with my paci and bunny.
- I still take 2 good naps a day and Mama says she doesn't know what she is going to do when I drop my morning nap.
- I LOVE being outside!
- I am a walker! I have been taking a few steps at a time for a couple of weeks, but on Monday I decided it was time to do the real thing! I walk until I "think" I am going to fall, then I sit down and crawl. I still crawl more than walk, but am walking more and more everyday!
- I have 5 teeth...2 on the bottom and 3 on the top!

- I am not saying any true words yet. I will say Mama, Dada, and nana (after mama says banana) and babble all the time. I sign "more" and "eat". Most of the time I wake up from my nap signing "eat" and will not stop until Mama gives me a snack. I wake up a hungry boy!
- Mama and Daddy always act so surprised when I do something they ask me to do. I guess they don't realize I understand what they are saying. I know the words "ball", "book", "Cuba", "cup", "car", "truck", "phone", "sit", "outside", "Daddy's coming home", "bye bye", "hey", "eat", "drink", "brush", "wash", "banana", "bite", "kiss", "nose", "touchdown", "throw" and of course "no" :)
- I am a Mama's boy! BUT, I have figured out how fun all 4 of grandparents are and when I am around any of them, I want NOTHING to do with my Mama!
- I cry every morning when Daddy leaves for work. Mama and I walk outside to wave bye bye and once Daddy is out of sight, I always realize he didn't take me with him and I get so sad!
- I found out this month that I am going to be a big brother to a baby BROTHER! Baby "W" (Mama won't let me share his whole name just yet) will be here in 5 months and I can't wait to share a bunk bed with him someday :)
- Mama and Daddy tell me they love me ALL THE TIME! I hear it so much that I have started making the sound "AyeOoooUuu" the same way Mama says "I love you" and it makes her very very happy :) They tell me they can't imagine their life without me and that this has been the best year of their life. Just wait Mama and Daddy, things are going to get even more fun the bigger I grow! :)

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sweet Jack!!! He is so presh!!!
Post a Comment