Hi, My name is Jack and I am 11 months old (and a week...Mama is VERY behind this month). Here are some fun things going on with me right now.

- I weigh 21 pounds and wear size 12 month clothes and some 18 months (but they are still a little big).
- I eat only table food now and my favorites are ALL fruits, oatmeal, baked sweet potatoes, cheese toast, black eyed peas, and butter beans.
- I drink all my milk out of a cup! Mama just took my bottle away for good this week and I have done great! I still whine a little in the morning when she hands me a cup instead of a bottle, but after a few minutes I forget all about it.
- I do not like to hear the word "No". It hurts my feelings and I lay face down on the floor and cry this sad pitiful cry.
- I say "Mama" and "Dada" all the time and babble all sorts of sounds.
- I have 3 teeth (soon to be 4)! Two on the bottom and one on top and the 2nd top one is about to come through.
- I am very attached to my Mama, but will still go to just about anyone. I get very very excited when I see my Daddy, Nana, CC, Pops, or Bigdaddy!
- I wait for my Daddy to come home every afternoon either on the front porch or watching out the front window. It is the most excited I get all day long when I see his Jeep come down the road. Sometimes, Daddy stops in the road and lets me get in and sit on his lap and drive up the driveway. He even lets me honk the horn!
- I have started pitching little fits when I don't get my way. My Mama ignores me and it makes me even more mad :)

- Mama and Daddy left me for 5 whole days last week to go ride on some boat and lay in the sun. I had SO MUCH FUN with my Nana, Pops, CC, and Bigdaddy. I didn't hear the word "No" the entire time they were gone and I got to do whatever I wanted!!!!!! Mama held me and kissed me for 24 straight hours after she got home...I didn't miss her, but I think she missed me.
- I am not walking yet. Mama can't believe what a cautious little boy I have become. I know I could walk, but I don't like the idea of not having anything to hold onto. I did take a couple of steps without holding onto anything over the weekend and you would have thought I had won the gold in the olympics by the way my Mama reacted (and Daddy didn't believe her).
- My favorite toys and things to do are 1. pushing my radio flyer car, 2. rolling any cars and trucks all over the house, 3. playing with Cuba, 4. playing in the yard and inspecting every leaf, rock, blade of grass I come across, 5. playing peak a boo
- I am still sleeping great. I go to bed around 7:00 at night and wake up around 6:30. I nap for about 1 1/2 hours in the morning and 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the afternoon.
- I love playing with friends and my buddy, Wyatt, and I have been going to story time at our local bookstore and we love it! We are becoming little social butterflies :)
- Mama and Daddy tell me they love me about 397 times a day so I will never wonder if I am loved. Mama gets big tears in her eyes when she talks about me turning 1 in less than a month. She says she can't believe her baby is so big! Daddy is so excited about all the fun things we can do together now that I am a big boy.

2 comments:
Love the pix...I can attest to his sensitivity about being told 'no'...LOL..He has some cousins just as sensitive to raised voices..Simple solution--don't say 'no'...Jack agrees with me..LOL...LY all
Terra....Jack is absolutely so precious. When I look at him, I see you and I see Megan....I know Megan is so proud of that little boy!! Jack, you and your Mom will have to meet Hardin and me for a stroll out here one day. I begin babysitting officially Wednesday. I'll cook, and ya'll can come eat lunch! Is NO not a good word for a baby?
I don't think I will ever be able to say NO to Hardin....He's taken over my heart and my brain!
Post a Comment